Friday, November 2, 2007

R&N - 11/02/07 - Lupe At North Texas!

Hey folks,

I apologize for the me not posting, then posting up lil' stuff, just teasing y'all.. It's the weekend... I'm going all out...

LUPE FIASCO - Press Conference At North Texas

The Story
SO.... Yesterday, Lupe came through to North Texas... He was scheduled for 2:30 pm... I got there around 2... it was ALREADY crowded... Meanwhile, they played Superstar, the instrumental and Dumb It Down until he got there. Got there around 3:10 (guess he got caught in traffic)...

The Arrival
So anyway, when he was coming to through the Student Union, they started playing "Kick Push"... and he started performing to it on his way to the conference table... Everybody in the room got hyped... It was CRAZY! The people in the room went from loud to CRUNK in 5 seconds...



The Press Conference

So they present him and begin asking him questions... Without going through ALL the questions they asked him, he talked about how his mom was a gourmet chef, (his favorite meal to cook is eggs. :-p), his father was an African musician, the origin of the name, "Lupe Fiasco", how Jay-Z invited Lupe into his home to have a meeting about signing him (he declined the offer), how he liked Jay-Z's gold Monopoly set and he should have the CRS (Child Rebel Soldiers) album, a trio of Kanye West, Pharrell and himself coming out late 2008.

Shout-Outs
So after the questions, they went right into the autograph session... Shout outs to my boy, Attah, who actually asked him a couple of questions, Dilly for notifying me about the event, Mike Smith, a rep from Atlantic Records who helped sponsor the program, and my homegirl, D for taking these pictures... She got up close and personal to dude... For those of you who live in the DFW, check out her Myspace page. She does EXCELLENT quality photos.



The Autograph Session
Thanks to some luck and some inside information, I was able to be one of the first people to get an autograph from homie. So I walk up to him in line, with my poster out (forgot to bring my "Food & Liquor" CD. :-/) and I shook Lupe's hand and said "What's good?" I was like, "I hope you're album does good, man. I'm tired of good rappers selling 100,000 copies, then just fall off. " He laughed it off, and was "Nah, man. It's a good album... You gonna like it." I hope so...

So let's go Cop That Album December 18th. The Cool

Check out his singles:

Lupe Fiasco - Superstar
Update: Video comes out Monday

Lupe Fiasco - Dumb It Down




~1~
AB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww. I'm glad u got to meet someone famous that you like. that's cool!
:)

~RiaB.

AB said...

Thanks, sis. Lol. :-p