Saturday, December 20, 2008

R&N - 12/20/08 - OnSmash Saturday

Have you got the energy?

This is Energy banner

Here's a group you may or may not have heard of: This Is Energy. They're friends from St. Louis, Missouri, made up of Adam Gardner & Britton Campbell. Adam writes the lyrics, plays guitar, and sings. Britton drums and is usually the one online. It's pop/rock and sounds like a mix of Mayday Parade, Secondhand Serenade, and Saosin. Other bands they sound similar to are Third Eye Blind & Dashboard Confessional. This isn't really what I usually listen to, but I got referred by someone on myspace. So I decided to check them out and I'm happy I did. My current favorite This Is Energy song is "I Never." It's pretty sweet, especially the lyrics.

Their myspace is their main connection to the fans. Facebook has also been helpful. They just gave everyone who left their name in the blog.. a Christmas surprise! That was a personalized Christmas photo card. & yes, I got one, :) but I'm not one to reveal my last name.. sorry. Visit their photo album for that. haha. It's quite festive!
the video below.. is highly amusing. They have more random ones like this on their YouTube page.

cover of Usher's "Love in this Club" (by Adam)


The Energy Movement. myspace.com/theenergymovement

They have a movement that's about inspiring and supporting this generation "to realize their full potential, through cultivating desire to achieve their dreams, have faith in themselves, develop plans to achieve their goals."

BTW, there's a Christmas SALE on their tee shirts (for male and female fit/style).. only $10!
You can buy their music on iTunes, too.

all the links you could want:

justin.tv/thisisenergy
Twitter
Saynow.com/thisisenergy
http://www.ilike.com/artist/This+Is+Energy
& the embedded vid above, click here

No comments: