Wednesday, April 23, 2008

R&N - 04/23/08 - Hump Day EXCLUSIVES

Alicia Keys Is Caught In A Teenage Love AffairMy baby boo, Alica Keys, keeps things rolling and has just released the video for her third single, "Teenage Love Affair." The video is a homage to Spike Lee's classic movie, School Daze, which is centered around college life at a HBCU and starts Tisha-Campbell Martin. A Keys keeps her creative juices flowing in this video and MF 3.0 has the world premiered right now.




Nas releases first single of album, Ni**erNow you know I already talked about Nas and his new album, Ni**er, but after hearin' his track I think my stance may have slightly changed. Nas, as he said previously, that the album title is driven artistically and not as a ploy to create attention in order to sale records. With this track, "Be A Ni**er Too," I understand, in a way, what he trying to do with this album. Listen to it here. And whether you like it or not, this is Hip-Hop, excuse me, Music, excuse me, the right to express oneself, in its rawest form.

Busta Rhymes Throws Water On Em
Busta Ryhmes, one of the hardest working, most animated, and entertaining man in the music industry is trying to create some buzz for his next album with his single, "Don't Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em)." Busta, as we all know, has been going through a tough time for the past two years, and I am glad that he is finally getting back to making music. Recent reports have stated that Busta Rhymes has cleaned house, cutting dies with Flipmode Squad, and his right-hand man, Spliff Starr, and Busta is in a whole new mindset right now. All I know is, this track is classic Busta and that is exactly what I like. Listen.

Bobby Valentino Leaves Disturbing The Peace
Bobby V, DTP's first R&B signing has departed ways with Ludacris's Disturbing The Peace imprint and has gone the independent route. According to Billboard.com, plans to release a six-track EP followed by a full-length studio album, called his time at DTP a "great stepping stone and learning experience. I look at this as my going off to college. It was time for me to step out on my own and show the world who Bobby Valentino, the artist really is." Yeah, I think it's a wrap for this child. Oh well, at least he blessed us with this track right here.

Aiight, that's it for now.
This is Dilly, holla at me.

No comments: