Sunday, February 3, 2008

R&N - 02/03/08 - Gospel Sunday!

AND THE GRAMMY GOES TO!!!!!!


Praise the Lord on this Gospel Sunday! In light of all the events going on for the Super bowl, we can't just shut down news about the kingdom for a simple game can we? Even though the game isn't THAT simple.lol Anywho, the Grammys are right around the corner...if the strikers say the same. But in my opinion, the nominees are the same ole same ole. But I must admit their are a few suprises.





The Clark Sisters pic up 3 nods for Best Gospel Song, Best Gospel Performance, and Best Traditional Gospel Album for Live. Not bad Ladies! I like that Song Blessed and Highly Favored too. Israel and New Breed picked up a couple nods, CeCe picked up a nod, and check this ya'll. Mandisa from American Idol picked up a Best Contemporary Gospel Grammy nomination for True Beauty? Yeah...I didn't know either. But I don't even think thats the most suprising thing. There were no nominations for Yolonda, Donnie, or Kirk this year!!!! Can you believe it? I don't know if it were just me but it seem like they, especially Yo Adams, could pop out a song from nowhere and get nominated without anyone ever HEARING the song. I'm just sayin.lol I'm more looking forward to next years nominations. But it should be interesting.




Da T.R.U.T.H. is trying to garner his 2nd Grammy win this year. Don't let the suit and smile fool you. He definitely lives up to his name on his LP Open Book. Other nominees as follows:

Best Rock Or Rap Gospel Album

Before The Daylight's Shot--Ashley Cleveland[204 Records]

HIStory: Our Place In His StoryThe Cross Movement[Cross Movement Records]
Open BookDa' T.R.U.T.H.[Cross Movement Records]
The ReckoningPillar[Flicker Records]
ComatoseSkillet[Atlantic/Lava/Ardent/INO]

Lastly, did you know there was a R&B Gospel Category? Isn't that.....an oxymoron?lol I'm just sayin.lol

No comments: