Tuesday, January 15, 2008

R&N - 01/15/08 - EXCLUSIVES

Dilly here, it's been a while since I've posted, last few weeks have been a little funky, but I'm back, Happy New Year, and peep what I got for you today.

Timbaland, Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent Named In Steroid Investigation
















Similar to the Mitchell Report that's plaguing athletes in the MLB, a recent report has been released linking Timbaland, 50 Cent, Mary J. Blige and others to steroid usage. Apparently, entertainers and such are enticed by the steroids because of it's promised anti aging effects. Now I'm not going to touch too much on this because I know you're going to hear it everywhere else but to me I don't see it being a problem, they ain't cheating at what they do right? And really steroids ain't gonna help you produce, rap or sing better, 'cause it sure didn't help 50 on his last album.

Raheem Devaughn and Kanye West link up?

My boy Raheem Devaughn, whose album drops today, is still blazing waves with his track Woman. There's a plethora of remixes out there with a lot of rappers jumping on the track but here at Music Forecast 3.0 we got something better. Raheem sort of links up with Kanye and is featured on the Flashing Lights remix. Yes, I know another Flashing Lights remix but this joint is hot. See for yourself here. Also, check out Hot Boy.


The Cool Kids Making NoiseYou may or may not have heard of these boys before, but The Cool Kids I believe are yet another breath of fresh air in Hip Hop. These two cats linked up through myspace two years ago and set out to produce throw back beats that other rappers can get on. After liking there beats too much the two began to rap on their own beats and thus The Cool Kids were born. The style is like an ode to rap in the late 80s, early 90s and the beats are heavy on the 808 and I challenge you to try and keep from nodding your head. Now although I think the lyricism ain't nothing special, they really don't be talking about nutin', their swagger is so much you just can't complain. The Cool Kids started to create a buzz last year and it's getting louder and louder with an album set to drop this year and a Rhapsody commerical spot with indie artist Sarah Barielles. Peep these tracks here from this duo and let us know what you think.


Shawty Lo Is The Man?
Shawty Lo is continuing to amaze me. This cat goes from snapping and clapping with D4L, a group that now is pretty laughable, to making tracks with a lot of A-listers in Hip Hop. His tracks I'm Da Man, was hot, remix had like 4 cats on there, then he comes with They Know which is killin' the waves right now. And the remix? He got Ludacris, who killed it, Jeezy, who also came with it, Plies and Lil Wayne on the joint. I don't know about no album but at least we know there is life after snap music...although I did hear Dem Franchise Boys comin' out with another album. Anyway, peep Shawty Lo's video here.

Shawty Lo - They Know (Video)

No comments: