Wednesday, December 12, 2007

R&N - 12/12

Super Tuesday

This past Tuesday saw a plethora, nice word I know, of new releases from Rap & R&B artists. After having virtually no Hip-Hop releases in the past few weeks, Billboard is blessed with EIGHT new releases from this genre. The Dream leads the pack with his first solo album, LoveHate and is set to do soundscan battle with Bow Wow & Omarion's FaceOff, Birdman's 5 Star Stunna, Mario's Go, Beanie Sigel's The Solution, Wu Tang Clan's 8 Diagrams, Gucci Mane's Back To The Trap House, and Hi Tek's Hi Teknology 3. I'm glad we finally got some new music coming out but I really don't see nobody pushing over 100,000 copies except for The Dream. Man, marketing dollars ain't what it use to be anymore is it? I bet yall didn't know half of these joints came out yesterday. Well either way you do know, so go pick up a few.

Solange signs deal with Geffen












When I first heard this news, I asked myself why. I guess being a celeb's sibling really does pay off. With seen Usher's lil bro get a big producing just for sharing some genes with a star. Ok, now yes he did make Get It Shawty, but that's one hot beat. Now as far as Solange, she tried to do the music thing, and as far as I can remember it didn't work. She had that one joint with N.O.R.E., "Feeling You' produced by the Neptunes and it came out when peeps was buying cds and she still ain't sell, why Geffen scooped her up, I don't know. But apparently, according to one of the VPs over there, her album is "bananas." Don't expect to hear a Beyonce sounding album because Solange is real eccentric. Her music is kind of retro, and international sounding...What the hell does that mean? I'm eager to see how this one sound like but yo she do got a joint with my peeps The Neptunes called "I Decided", we'll definitely post that when we get it.

Pimp C's Final Peformance









Pimp C's funeral will be tomorrow in his hometown in Port Arthur, TX. MF 3.0 has obtained video of the southside g's last performance. Trill Ni**as don't die baby!

Alright that's it for now. Go cop some cds, and VOTE for us in that contest. Voting closes today. - Dilly

No comments: