Monday, May 31, 2010

50 Loses Mad Weight

50 Cent Drastically Loses Weight For Movie


Hey folks,

50 Cent has recently posted pictures of himself having lost over 50 pounds! The reason: 50 started filming a role as a cancer patient for his movie, Things Fall Apart. He is playing the role in tribute to a friend who died of the disease.

50 plays a football player with cancer in film and went from 214 pounds to 160 in nine weeks after liquid dieting and running on a treadmill three hours a day. "I had to discipline myself not ... to actually have myself be in the physical state to convey the energy I felt. It's a passion project for me."

In order to help him get through the weight loss, 50 looked to other actors who had gone through drastic weight loss for a film. Robert De Niro, Christian Bale, Tom Hanks and Renee Zellweger are among actors known for going through the process. "I actually got on the computer, when it started getting difficult, I was looking to see what their experience was like and I got a chance to see all of the interviews they had at different time periods when they were doing promotion for the projects."

~1~
AB

No comments: