Sunday, March 29, 2009

R&N - 03/29/09 Gospel Sunday Part 2


Welcome all my "I AM A FRIEND OF GOD SAInTS!!" You know what time it is....Ahhhh what a day to introduce to you this week's featured Album: Israel Houghton's new CD " The Power of One" Now OFF TOP let me say it is SO weird to be typing his last name instead of New Breed and with the way my mind works I'm thinking "O.K...so does this title serve as a double meaning for God and himself without the group? But I just happened to read an interview from CCN about the new album that cleared up so of the "Alert Mode" I was in. Allow me to share:

CCM
: What prompted you to record a solo record now, especially considering the final product’s difference from a New Breed record is mere nuances?

Israel Houghton: What we’ve seen over the last nine years is growth of the vision around what New Breed is all about. New Breed was never meant to be my back-up group. It was always more of a gathering—an empowering and releasing kind of atmosphere. So late last year we did a live record. I’m not on it at all. Of course I paid for it. [Laughs] It was the proudest moment of my life to watch these guys I’ve been training and teaching and mentoring write, produce and put the songs together themselves.

That’s why I did the solo record. To show that space. There are a few things I want to go out and do and express. You’re right. They are pretty nuanced differences. But I wanted to show [Israel & New Breed] do things together; we do things separately, but we’re still one unit.

Released March 24th ~The new album is nothin short of the diverse sound that your'e used to from Israel...it features artist like ya gurlz Mary Mary, Toby Mac and Martin Smith. Did I mention that I love his ministry - I think with Israel's music, it was the first time I really truly realized that, hey "I am a friend of God...and WoW, for me, what a revelation, what intimacy, To KNOW that He's my Friend..that we're FRIENDS! lol" Theres a joy and a peace in that.

Sampler Platter: Behind tha Scenes Sneak Peak

Today's Main Course: What a Friend we Have

Romans 12 (The Message)

Place Your Life Before God
1-2 So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

I leave you tonight with the Un-Official MF3 SOULSTAGE Performance: The Power of One Unplugged (now, you know I just scooped this up from youtube but...come along :-)

KNOW HIM. Peace and Blessings ~ Chris



No comments: