Saturday, January 24, 2009

R&N 1/23/09 - Jay-Z Talks Blueprint 3

Following Up A Classic!



Jay-Z has been busy at work on the Blueprint 3 album, while headlining inauguration festivities and all of the other duties that make him one of the biggest music moguls on the planet. Jay-Z states:

For me, the process of making an album is difficult with so many things going on," he told MTV. "And me, I wanna make it beyond and above. I'm gonna take my time with it. I don't have any quotas, and that's a good thing. It may be too freeing. It's a good thing and a bad thing. You know, I think I need some restrictions. 'Cause if I had restrictions, I would have done it in three weeks. I would have made what I believe to be a great piece of art."

Jay-Z also discussed Kanye's involvement with the album to MTV:

"He wanted to do a few more joints, so he kinda pushed it back. Now we're gonna go in and just work on some more records. So I got some more stuff to kill it with! I think [Jay pushed the album back because] 'Swagger' just did so incredible. We wanted to go up [and make sure] everything was on that level."

I hope Jay can follow up the classic that was American Gangster, but I have a feeling that this will be another Kingdom Come, but we will see. 2009 will be a big year if the scheduled albums from Jay, Dre, Em, and 50 will actually be released any time soon.

No comments: